Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Psalm Song Options



If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scripture song artists on YouTube who focus on psalms (like Sons of Korah and The Psalms Project), but I want to highlight my favorite -- The Corner Room (all ESV).  If you pick one of these psalms, you can listen to the song as a family, and then committing it to memory will be that much easier.
  • Psalm 1 (6 verses) - Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked... 
  • Psalm 4 (8 verses) - In peace I will both lie down and sleep...
  • Psalm 8 (9 verses) - O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name...
  • Psalm 11 (7 verses) - For the Lord is righteous...
  • Psalm 12 (8 verses) - Save, O Lord...
  • Psalm 13 (6 verses) - How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
  • Psalm 15 (5 verses)  - He who walks blamelessly...
  • Psalm 16 (11 verses) - You make known to me the path of life...
  • Psalm 19 (14 verses) - The heavens declare the glory of God...
  • Psalm 23 (6 verses) - The Lord is my shepherd...
  • Psalm 30 (12 verses) - You have turned for me my mourning into dancing...
  • Psalm 42 (11 verses) - As a deer pants for flowing streams...
  • Psalm 46 (11 verses) - God is our refuge and strength...
  • Psalm 63 (11 verses) - O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you... 
  • Psalm 67 (7 verses) - May God be gracious to us and bless us... 
  • Psalm 100 (5 verse) - Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! 
  • Psalm 121 (8 verses) - I lift up my eyes to the hills
  • Psalm 127 (5 verses) - Unless the Lord builds the house...
  • Psalm 139 (24 verses - 4 separate songs) - I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made...
  • Psalm 150 (6 verses) - Let everything that has breath praise the Lord...

As I've mentioned before, you can either start with a PSALM you like and then find a song to go with it, or you can start with a SONG you like and memorize that one!

If you're doing a translation other than ESV, here's a database of psalm songs that a member of the Bible Memory Goal community compiled.  Wow! There's a ton here from multiple translations. Check it out!   Psalm Song database

Here's one of my favorites -- Psalm 100 from The Corner Room:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...