Sunday, January 17, 2021

Every Reason to Hope (Lamentations 3:21-24)

[I posted this on my Facebook page last week]

Our homeschooling memory verses this week start with a "But." So, we read the backstory in Lamentations 3. The lament is real:
-flesh and skin wasting away (v.4)
-walled in so I cannot escape (v.7)
-the laughingstock of all peoples (v.14)
-filled with bitterness (v.15)
-teeth grinding on gravel (v.16)
-forgotten what happiness is (v.17)
I may not be in those depths of despair, but our world does seem rather hope-draining. Here in our 11th month since Covid invaded our day-to-day lives, I'm starting to feel that "my endurance has perished" (v.18).
BUT (here comes verse 21)...
21 But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”
For all the brokenness, weariness, and confusion I'm feeling these days, I CHOOSE to "call to mind" the TRUTH of the Lord's steadfast love, new mercies, and faithfulness. Though tempted to despair, I have every reason to hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...