Sunday, January 17, 2021

Lexington Parks - Gainesway


Gainesway Park (3460 Campus Way)
Location - off Armstrong Mill, adjacent to the Tates Creek school complex (the parking lot is accessible by driving through the police station parking lot)
Playground? yes 
Trails? yes (paved)
Other? pond (We didn't stay long, so I'm not sure what all is available)

I had a difficult time getting to this park. I started out going through the police station parking lot, but then I spotted a playground in the distance, so I turned around to head there. I think it may have been a playground for an apartment complex. So, we came back to where we had just been.

We didn't stay very long because it was a chilly wet day, and there were other people there, which limited our playground time. We would have taken a walk on the paved trail, but there was a lot of goose poop, which is hard to deal to avoid when you are watching not only your feet, but the feet of four boys.



The boys enjoyed running around on this walkway. It's fun to see all the geese and ducks...just not to see all their poop!



The playground has the rubber-y surface with letters, numbers on a clock, and a roadway.


This is one of those playgrounds where I feel safe letting the youngest two move around on their own without too much intervention.  There was a broken slide roped off, but it was clearly marked.

We later returned after a snow when we were hitting up Armstrong Mill Parkway Park (which is really just a trail that leads to Gainesway Park). I made up a game on the playground where they had to find certain numbers on the clock. They could find the approximate location based on the other numbers, but then they would "dig" to try to find it.

Goose tracks

So.many.geese!

Carter chasing after the geese

We did make it on more of the pathway this time, but I had to watch every step because of all the goose poop.

(Note: We have visited 50+ parks in Lexington since the beginning of Covid. These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...