Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Lexington Parks - Clay's Spring


Clay's Spring Park (200 Clinton Road)
Location - off Richmond Road, behind the former Shriners Hospital
Playground? no (there's one at the former Shriners Hospital, but there's a No Trespassing sign, much to the boys' dismay)
Trails? no
Other? open field, natural spring, hill for sledding, historical

    This was a nice little park with a bit of history. The natural spring is where Henry Clay let his livestock drink. The spring has gone through many changes, including being buried, but they re-surfaced it and renamed the park Clay's Spring (instead of Clinton Road Park). The boys loved playing around the water area. I talked for awhile to a friendly lady walking her dog, so I didn't take too many pictures of the action. 
    I love that there are so many springs in town -- Preston's Spring, McConnell Springs, Gardenside, and Dogwood Trace (at least, those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head).





(Note: We visited all 88 LFUCG parks in the span of a Covid year -- mid-March 2020 to February 2021. These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...