Thursday, February 16, 2012

Carter is 14 weeks old!

14 weeks! Wow!

I had originally wanted to keep track of Carter's month-by-month process, but at 3 1/2 months, I guess I'm a little behind. Plus, I don't really know what I should be writing about!

Here's what Carter's up to these days...

  • He smiles a lot! As long as he's not screaming, he'll usually smile back when we smile at him.

  • He's getting big! I know I'll be saying this the next 20+ years, but I'm amazed at how much he is growing, filling out, and becoming heavier!

  • He still loves looking at the walls, lights, and artwork.

  • He likes sitting on my lap while I play the piano. Sometimes, I'll move his hands to play simple melodies like "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". He seems to like this, too, but the best part is when he "sings" along. I know he's not really singing, but it's like he's trying to learn how to sing along.

  • He doesn't hate tummy time anymore. Let me rephrase that -- he doesn't hate tummy time when Lucas lies on the floor next to him and works with him. He still hates being plopped on the floor most of the time.

  • Lucas and I are super goofy around him. The poor kid has some crazy parents! We routinely make fools of ourselves by making funny faces, making up silly rhymes and songs, dancing around the kitchen...

  • He's sleeping in the crib! We've been switching between the crib and the bassinet/rock and play the past several weeks, but now we're to the crib every night. He also recently outgrew the miracle blanket that we've been swaddling him in since he was born (it's "one size fits all" up until 14 weeks, and he just turned 14 weeks on Sunday!). Instead of swaddling him, we place him on a blanket and wrap the blanket around his arms and tuck it under him (does that make sense?). Otherwise, he wakes himself up with a swat to the face.




I thought he would look a lot bigger than his picture from last month, but I can't tell much difference between the pictures.

He sure FEELS bigger than he did a month ago!

Love squeezin' those cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...