Monday, January 4, 2021

Lexington Parks - Wildwood Park



(note -- this side road is like a driveway for the two houses there. After driving down it, I decided to park on the street. I'm glad I did because I found out the owner of one of the houses gets really frustrated when people park on it).

Wildwood Park (3434 Greenlawn Dr)
Location -  in Lansdowne neighborhood, near Meadowbrook Park, near Nicholasville Rd
Playground? yes (a tiny one in the park and one at the adjacent school)
Trails? no
Creek? yes


This is a nice little park with a tiny playground, large green space, and a creek. It backs up to Lansdowne Elementary, so as long as school is not in session (ha!), you can explore that playground, too.  We were able to go on both since no one was around.

This rock is like the one at Hill-n-Dale.


Here's the spider web-y thing that Carter likes to climb on.

Colson has been doing this lately where he flings his arms back while looking down. They were looking down a snake hole, and Cooper was coaxing it to come out. (I'm glad it didn't).



Look at those long thorns. Made me think of the crown of thorns. Ouch!

Over at the elementary playground.

Helping his little brother. I thought it was a clever use of space to put these rings underneath a walkway.

The little boys loved climbing up this and were able to do it without help. There's a similar one at Mary Todd Park.

Bringing my purse to me from the wagon (I hadn't asked for it, but I guess he thought I needed it)

On top of the monkey bars! This should be a series of pictures from different playgrounds.

These bars remind me of my elementary playgrounds. Oh, the possibilities! I tried to demonstrate all the ways to do a flip on these, but I got a little dizzy (and they weren't impressed).




(Note: We have visited 40+ parks in Lexington since the beginning of Covid. These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...