Monday, February 8, 2021

Lexington Parks - Burley


Burley Park (301 Burley Ave.) 
Location - off Harrodsburg/Broadway, near Lexington Clinic and the old Rally's (I think it's a Mexican restaurant now)
Playground? yes
Trails? no
Other? basketball court

This is a fairly small park tucked away on a side street off Harrodsburg/Broadway (whatever it is at that point).  The only other time we had been here was when we were hitting up lots of parks around town six years ago. Since then, they've installed new playground equipment. Though it's small, the boys loved it, and we spent a good hour here. 

The playground is divided into two sections. I don't think you're supposed to go on top of that bar, but Carter finds a way!

This is the section for smaller kids:

The chase...

The older boys like to walk and balance on these. The younger boys sit on them as tethered swings.

We had a soccer ball in the van, which added to the fun. They were "done" with the playground but lasted a good while after bringing out the ball!

Pondering life...

He's getting good at going up and down the steps!

I had to get a picture of this contrast. I was wearing two sweatshirts, a mid-calf down coat (rated "warmest"), and my fuzzy hat, and Carter had stripped down to a T-shirt. You could say I'm cold-natured...

(Note: We have visited 50+ parks in Lexington since the beginning of Covid. These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...