Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Lexington Parks - Northeastern

Northeastern Park (140 Eastern Ave.)
Location - across the street from Thoroughbred Park, near Isaac Murphy Art Garden and Charles Young Park
Playground? yes
Trails? no
Other? no

Before Covid, I don't think I had ever taken our boys to a playground in the snow. We're learning to enjoy the outdoors in all weather! We don't last as long, but it's been fun! On this day, we actually were just planning on going to Thoroughbred Park, but Calvin saw this playground, so we parked over here and then walked to Thoroughbred. I had no idea these parks were so close!

Zipline!

Not amused...

This was a neat little bridge (although a little treacherous for the little boys to navigate)

This apparently used to be an opening to a broken slide. I later figured out that this used to be the sign for Southend Park, which is now just a field awaiting an update once more funds come in.

In my hometown, I have fond memories of one of my uncles trying out one of these rollers. I can't think of any other playground in Lexington that has one.

Small, but fun on a snowy day.

Climbing the hill after going to Thoroughbred.


(Note: Our goal is to visit all the parks in Lexington in a year's time (since the beginning of Covid in mid-March 2020). These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...