Friday, February 19, 2021

Lexington Parks - Gardenside/Pine Meadows





Pine Meadows Park (1631 Tazwell Dr) 
Location - in the Mason Headley area, near Gardenside Park
Playground? yes (very small)
Trails? yes (paved)
Other? basketball court

We were in the area, so we drove over to this park (and I actually got confused when I thought this was Wolf Run Park, but this one was a lot smaller). We walked around the paved trail but didn't stay very long.

///


Gardenside Park (1835 Yorktown Rd) 
Location - in the Gardenside area, near Alexandria
Playground? yes 
Trails? yes (paved)
Other? basketball court, creek, shelter, old tennis court, exercise stations

    We love this park! It's not too far from where we live, and it's small and easy to manage with young kids. When our oldest two were small, I would come here when I was the only adult because I was intimidated by the size and crowds of Shillito. What we discovered this time around was the creek and springs area.

[3/5/21 update: We returned to Gardenside in January and were able to play on the playground then. Unfortunately, the playground has since been torn down because of sewer issues. I added some pictures at the bottom of this post]

I have pictures of the big two brothers in this same tree when they were small, so I was getting a bit nostalgic taking these pictures. 

2015
Carter (3) and Calvin (1)


2021
Cooper (2) and Colson (1)

 

Carter (9), Calvin (6), Cooper (2), Colson (1)

Here's the natural spring that we had never noticed before. There's an informational sign explaining a bit about it

They always love these bridges!

Colson humoring me by sitting in this funky tree




All of them enjoyed balancing on these posts around the playground

I'm going to miss this sweet little playground!


The boy loves throwing rocks into the water!

Here's the information about the spring. This is one of several in town -- McConnell Springs, Clay's Spring, and Preston's Spring. There's also a small natural spring at Dogwood Park.

(Note: We have visited 50+ parks in Lexington since the beginning of Covid (and plan to visit the rest by March 2021). These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...