Saturday, February 27, 2021

Lexington Parks - Oakwood


Oakwood Park (1050 Briarwood Drive)
Location - off Georgetown Road north of New Circle, near Highlands Park
Playground? yes, two small ones
Trails? no
Other? open field, basketball court

This park is kind of surprising. It doesn't look like much when you pull into the parking lot, but there's a lot of land to wander (although I'll admit I didn't feel quite as free to explore as I would in, say, Shillito). There's also a playground with parallel obstacles to race a friend. I don't think there's another playground like that in Lexington. It's mostly monkey-bar-type obstacles, which was great for Carter.

Here's the playground you see from the parking lot




Here's the tree and field area. Calvin liked this tree and requested a picture of it.

And here are the upper-body parallel obstacles



Calvin has recently conquered the monkey bars!

He likes finding a way to climb on top


(Note: We visited all 88 LFUCG parks in the span of a Covid year -- mid-March 2020 to February 2021. These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...