Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Lexington Parks - Coolavin


Coolavin Park (550 W. Sixth St.)
Location - near West 6th Brewery and Transy athletic fields
Playground? yes
Trails? no
Other? roller hockey, baseball fields

    This park isn't necessarily in the best part of town, but I felt complete safe here. There was a police car just sitting in the parking lot, and I was thinking about how that made me, a white woman, feel safer. Others, though, would immediately feel less safe with a police presence. I'm trying to realize these ways of thinking and try to imagine others' perspectives where police does not equal safety/"the good guy." 



That smile! I'm glad that he'll still smile for the camera

Colson loves the swings everywhere we go! He always calls out, "Faster!"








That face!

Pile-up!

This is one of the parks where we played the don't-'et-Mom-tag-you. I took this picture to try to catch them off-guard and run to get them!




Tree climbing!

Cooper plopped himself down on the ground, and his little brother soon followed.




This tree was fascinating to me, how it still had all its bottom leaves.

(Note: We visited all 88 LFUCG parks in the span of a Covid year -- mid-March 2020 to February 2021. These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...