Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Lexington Parks - Thoroughbred


Thoroughbred Park (121 Midland Ave)
Location - right at the split between Midland and Main. It's an iconic, memorable park. You can park behind on the street.
Playground? no, but there's one across the street at Northeastern Park
Trails? yes (paved)
Other? horse statues, history plaques, fountains (summer)

    We really enjoyed this one! I had driven by the statues several times, but didn't realize there was green space behind the wall. 


There are plaques for different individuals, living and deceased, from the horse industry. I was drawn to this one since my neighbor had worked for Sheikh Mohammed.


"That horse has got a pickle on his head!" -Cooper

I had assumed that we weren't supposed to climb on the horse statues, so I had told the boys to stay off until we could check for signs. We looked all over, though, and the only "warning" sign referred to the fountains (which, obviously, weren't running in the winter). So, I let them climb away!







I had read some reviews that mentioned the uneven bricks. Man, it's true! I'm young-ish and agile, but I nearly twisted my ankle multiple times and the 1 1/2 year old definitely fell. Be careful!


There are also some horse statues up on the grassy field. 



Heading up the snowy hill back to Northeastern Park where we parked...

(Note: We visited all 88 LFUCG parks in the span of a Covid year -- mid-March 2020 to February 2021. These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...