Monday, March 19, 2012

Inspiration Deck Swap!

So, lately, I've been into art. I'll reflect more sometime on my history with art, but for now, I'll just say that I'm "into art" these days, meaning:

  • I'm creating almost every day (even if it's as simple as writing the schedule on the board in a funky way for my after school program)

  • I'm learning about art by reading books and blogs.

  • I'm being inspired to create more and more art!


So, the other day when I was "surfing the web" (does anybody actually use that term anymore? Ha!), I came across a blog detailing a mail swap (http://www.insearchofdessert.com/?p=6391). In short, participants re-purpose a deck of cards into their own mini artwork complete with some kind of inspirational quote on it. Then, the organizer will create an inspiration deck for each of the participants with 52 others' artwork! SO cool! I finished my deck a couple weeks ago, and I was a little sad to have to let go of some of the cards, so I took pictures. I might have to do a deck for myself to keep, and I'd also like to find another mail swap that I can join. I've loved the process, and I haven't even received my deck in the mail yet!

Here were some of the cards I made:









Hooray for inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...