Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Lexington Parks - Douglass


Douglass Park (726 Georgetown St.)
Location - off Georgetown, across from Richie's, next to Booker T Washington Academy
Playground? yes
Trails? no
Other? basketball courts, pool

    This takes me back to my five years working at the Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club downtown. During summer camp, we'd bring kids over here to the pool at least twice a week. That weather was the opposite of our Douglass visit. I was actually really hesitant to come here because one of my former colleagues who has the "street sense" refused to let us bring the summer camp kids to this park to play.  After talking to some other people, though, I decided to go for it.  We didn't stay long since it was cold and wet (and Calvin fell, which made him "done" before we had hardly done anything). 


I tried to find somewhere for them to romp around without the possibility of falling in the snow

This was an interesting little merry-go-round (but I couldn't get it going very fast)

He loves creating "courses" for himself to complete



Swingin' in the snow...

The basketball courts can be hoppin' in the warmer months

Finding "O" - his favorite letter

Colson was "done," too

(Note: We visited all 88 LFUCG parks in the span of a Covid year -- mid-March 2020 to February 2021. These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...