Saturday, March 6, 2021

Lexington Parks - Jacobson


Location - off Richmond Road (which apparently becomes Athens-Boonesboro Rd at that point)
Playground? yes 
Trails? hmm...I haven't really noticed trails there, but I'm sure there are some
Other? lake, fishing, paddleboats (seasonal), dog park, shelters, splash pad (seasonal), special events. This is a very large park, and we still haven't explored all of it.

    This is one of the most-visited parks in town. I'm still bummed about them tearing down the old wooden playground. The new playground is nice, but I prefer the imaginative ins and outs of the old structure. We visited in the summer and just played around on the grassy field. We returned on a winter day when we could have the playground to ourselves.


I love this picture of Colson with his big brothers in the background







And...back in the winter!

Here's a bit of the old structure that they left intact





The playground is right next to the lake



This is the part I don't like -- there are many high openings that are hard to keep toddlers away from.



Many of the new playgrounds feature these tandem swings

Here's me swinging with him



This is a cool game for playgrounds. No one really plays the Tic-Tac-Toe boards anymore





(Note: We visited all 88 LFUCG parks in the span of a Covid year -- mid-March 2020 to February 2021. These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...