Saturday, March 6, 2021

Lexington Parks - Southland


Southland Park (625 Hill-n-Dale Rd)
Location - in the Southland neighborhood near Hill N Dale Park (which, oddly enough, is NOT on Hill N Dale Road)
Playground? yes (and it connects to the playground at Clays Mill Elementary)
Trails? yes (mostly to go through the park)
Other? baseball fields, basketball court, shelter, pool, creek, bridge

    This is one of my favorite parks in town, partly from all the memories here. When I taught nearby, I would walk over here with my class every month during our lunch and recess time. I'm a little sad that they're replacing the playground in order to create a drainage area.

    We visited twice over the year -- once on a loooong walk from our house in the middle of the summer and once on a snowy but warm day in the middle of the winter.

This creek area is really neat to explore

The two brothers who were allowed to go out on the log



Sometimes, I zoom in on Carter. Other times, I like to show the height he has reached


Aw, we miss that scooter! It got broken on one of our walks



These high bleachers make me a little nervous

Looking longingly at the playground (back when we avoided the playgrounds during the height of Covid)

This is a fun tree to climb!

The friends we homeschooled with lived close to this park, so we called them up when we were here. They're the only kids we've played with on a playground in a year



This looks like he climbed up that little "mountain", but he's going from the platform up to the next platform


Where's Carter? (at first, I thought this was just a picture of a tree)

The shelter where I've eaten many-a-picnic lunch

Back at that log he loves!

You can see Clays Mill Elementary in the background



This is a fun little fire truck climbing structure. I'm going to miss this playground!






(Note: We visited all 88 LFUCG parks in the span of a Covid year -- mid-March 2020 to February 2021. These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...