Saturday, December 11, 2021

Meet a Memorizer (Marge) - Fullness of Joy

I realized recently that this post was still sitting in my "drafts" from way back in July when Marge first typed out her response for me. A week ago, I thought about posting it but didn't. Two days later, I found out that she is now in the presence of Jesus face-to-face.

I never got the chance to meet Marge in person on this side of eternity, but I loved her gentle, soothing voice in her video posts. Her January post of Psalm 16 inspired me to memorize that psalm, too. As I just now watched that video again, certain phrases have new meaning for me, as I picture her in the land of unclouded day.

(v 1) Preserve me, O God, for in You, I take refuge...
(v 6) Indeed I have a beautiful inheritance...
(v 11) You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

At the beginning of 2021, Marge had a foretaste of the fullness of joy in the presence of God. Here at the end of 2021, there is no shadow or veil or obstacle -- she is fully experiencing the "pleasures forevermore" at His right hand.

I want to be like Marge -- memorizing Scripture with however many days I have left on earth and remaining faithful to the end. May you be encouraged by her story...



Marge sent July 12 at 5:27 PM

    Hi Friends ! My name is Marge. I am 73 years young. My husband and I have 4 children, 9 grandchildren, and 18 great-grand children. They kept us quite busy for a while, but now we are retired and living on the road, traveling around the country in our motorhome. “Home is where we park it”. For about 6 months of the year we work service projects at Christian camps, schools, conference centers, etc.
         I’ve known for a good many years that “ hiding God’s Word in my heart” was something that God desired for me to do. I homeschooled our youngest son for 6 years and we memorized together. Life got busy and I just let it fall through the cracks. When my sweet friend Heather ( who just happens to be our pastor’s wife) invited me to join this group, I felt pretty sure it was an invite from Jesus. 😉. I’ve mostly just tried the “repetition and stick to it” method which worked well as I worked my way through rememberizing passages I had already learned, but as I ventured out into some new passages and longer ones I began to stumble. The video taping is a challenge. I recently heard someone talking about memorizing Scripture and their tactic is listening to the passage read aloud several times a day. So I’ve downloaded an audio Bible and I’m gonna try it out.
    There is another online Scripture reading group that I belong to and as I’m reading my daily passages, God often points out something He thinks would be beneficial for me to have hidden in my heart. I don’t live much with goals anymore. It’s so much easier to just relax and let God direct my steps. So pretty much whatever He directs…we’ll go for it. 🤗
    I do feel that this path is directing me into a closer walk with Jesus. I’m getting better at hearing His voice and surrendering to His will without questioning.
    
    If you’re struggling, my thoughts are—let go and let God. He isn’t about creating stress in your life. He desires that you spend time with Him so that your walk with Him can bring more joy and peace and love. Ask Him to show you, guide you, and teach you. Those are the goals we’re after here. Love and prayers and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...