Monday, January 24, 2022

1st week of Bible in 90 Days

8 days down, 82 to go! I'm on a journey leading up to Easter where I'll be reading the entire Bible in 90 days. I've never read the Bible this quickly before (and it's a little intimidating!), but it's been great so far! These were some of my initial thoughts before I got started:

Have you ever tried to read the entire Bible before? Why or why not?
Yes. I've done it 7 times, my first two being in college and my next being over a decade later (there wasn't a lot of Bible reading happening in my 20s). I wanted to read the whole Bible, not just here and there.

If you have tried to read the Bible in its entirety, what challenges did you face in fulfilling your desire? Where did you start? How far did you get? 
I've done a couple reading plans, but I prefer doing my own timetable so I don't feel behind. My first time, I just started tracking when I finished a book. I did it out of order and finished with Ezekiel.

What have you found to be difficult and what have you found to be rewarding in your attempts to read the Bible regularly?
Sometimes it can get boring or tiresome. The more I read and memorize, though, the more familiar I am with overarching themes and individual passages. I love doing cross-reference treasure hunts!

 If you have successfully read the entire Bible before, what were the circumstances? What motivated you to keep at it? How satisfied were you with your accomplishment? In college, I realized that I had never gone through the whole thing. It helped not using a Bible reading plan -- just reading a book at a time.

If you have started to read the Bible but never completed your reading goal, what really kept you from finishing what you started?
The times I failed were because I'd get behind and then overwhelmed by all I'd have to do to catch up.

What most excites you about the prospect of reading the entire Bible in 90 days? Zoomed out perspective. Seeing connections that I wouldn't have seen if I were reading a few verses at a time.

Why do you believe it is important to read the entire Bible? What do you expect to discover in terms of practical living, spiritual growth, knowledge of history, or other areas? It's living and active -- He can teach me something new every time. We need the "whole counsel" of the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...