Sunday, August 7, 2022

CO Road Trip Day 10 - drive to Tucumcari, NM

Since we were down in the corner of Colorado and since it's more fun to go a new path than to backtrack, we headed a little further south to hop on I-40 to pick up a couple more states (Texas and Oklahoma) on the way home. This gave us more to look forward to, even though the main part of our trip was behind us.

We stopped in Farmington, New Mexico for a snack and stretch break.


The boys were thrilled to spot some lizards!
  




On a roadway stop to find a geocache (although we were unsuccessful), we did snag some tumbleweed that rode home with us on the dashboard (I realized later that these are an invasive species that are technically still alive even though they tumble around unrooted, so I had to be careful in how I disposed of it. They're fun to see in the desert, but I don't want them popping up in our neighborhood!)



We loved the red rocks of New Mexico!



I had seen a friend's Facebook post a week earlier about this neat park in the Albuquerque area, so we stopped here for awhile to play.







Another swing zipline!
  


This lion statue was a water fountain!




Even the bathroom was decorated! :-)

We passed through a storm and then saw a rainbow!

We pulled into Tucumcari, New Mexico pretty late, so we ended up not checking out any of the Route 66 touristy things in town.

The boys were thrilled to have a working TV! They watched Monsters University while I planned our stops for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...