Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Cooper's Pre-Trip Perspective

Cooper, Age 8




What are you looking forward to on the cruise?
I'm looking forward to the pool and the good food.

What are you looking forward to in Japan?
Going to all the fun Nintendo things that we can't see in America.

What are you nervous about?
Our plane could crash, and the boat could sink, and I could get lost in Tokyo.

What do you think about Japanese food?
I don't know. It's not bad, but I wouldn't like eat it every day if I didn't have to.

Why are we going to Japan?
Because you (Mom) have been looking forward to it for like seven years, and you said we're going there.

What are some Japanese words/phrases you already know?
Kudasai (please), tori (bird), raion (lion), pan (bread)

Can you read in Japanese yet?
Yes. I can read some of the hiragana.

What makes Japanese difficult?
They say different things, like "is" is at the end of the sentence. If you say you're going to the party in Japanese, it says like "party going to" and random mix-ups like that.

How do you think you will be different when you come back to America?
I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooper's Pre-Trip Perspective

Cooper, Age 8 What are you looking forward to on the cruise? I'm looking forward to the pool and the good food. What are you looking for...