Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Lexington Parks - Cardinal Run North



Cardinal Run North Park (2101 Parkers Mill Road)
Location - between Versailles Road and Parkers Mill (outside New Circle), across Parkers Mill from Cardinal Run South
Playground? no
Trails? no
Other? no

    So, this place is a bit of a conundrum. The actual address takes you to two houses and an open field across Parkers Mill from Cardinal Run South (which has nice baseball fields and an excellent paved walking path connected to the Beaumont Trails. Google Maps took me to Versailles Road, just outside New Circle. There's a place to pull in, but no parking lot or sign or anything (I sure hope we were in the right spot and not trespassing!). When I spoke with someone in Planning and Design with Parks and Rec, he said that this was one of the parks that is undeveloped and waiting for funds. Well, to knock it off out list, we came anyway. The boys loved climbing around the Welcome to Lexington sign, and they found old corn cobs and mushrooms in the field.


He loves bending down to inspect things up close.

I tried to have them each replace a letter (L, I, T, and O). It kind of worked.

Carter liked waving to cars zipping past and greeting them with a hearty "Welcome to Lexington!"



More stooping.

I love those clouds!



(Note: We visited all 88 LFUCG parks in the span of a Covid year -- mid-March 2020 to February 2021. These are not meant to be extensive reviews but more a record of our experiences. Eventually I will add hyperlinks to all the blog entries here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm Song Options

If you know anything about my Scripture memory journey, you know that I prefer and encourage memorizing with song.  There are many great Scr...