New York, New York...start spreading the news
I'm the king of New York...
NYC...
I'm in a New York state of mind...
I had never been there before and was both excited and nervous to see it with my own eyes. And man, was it stressful (and expensive) to drive into the city. There's like a $20 toll bridge just to get onto Manhattan Island (and then you pay again to leave), and the parking situation is also crazy. We had reserved parking but had a difficult time finding our parking garage. I was in tears from the stress of it all, and I wasn't even driving!
We packed a lot into our day (Times Square, Nintendo store, subway, Staten Island ferry, playgrounds) although I was a little disappointed that we didn't make it to Central Park (we were close enough to see it, but the boys had reached their limit, so we took a break on the subway instead of walking further). There's always next time! At least now I have a sense of things.
No comments:
Post a Comment